The present and future of the profession, seen by young...
The present and future of the...
Exhibition of the finalists in the new Vall d'Hebron bulding competition
In December 2016, the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital and Research Institute Foundation (FIR-UHVH) put out to tender the design of its new building along with a proposal for reorganising the Campus in which the Vall d'Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) building will stand. The Architects’ Association of Catalonia collaborated in the competition by forming part of the jury panel.
According to the Foundation, 'The new research building seeks to provide a clear strategic benefit for researchers and an excellent opportunity to capture and retain new talent, strengthen partnerships and provide a centre of research excellence that will be key to the future promotion of the Research Institute'.The exhibition will showcase the projects submitted by the five finalists:
· Rafael Moneo + Moneo Brock + Epypsa
· Martínez La Peña-Torres Arquitectos + Técnica y Proyectos TYPSA
· Josep Llinàs Arquitecte + Casa Solo Arquitectos
· Estudi Carme Pinós + Estudi PSP Arquitectura
· BAAS Jordi Badia + Espinet/Ubach Arquitectes i Associats