NOVA DATA: "Pluja i paisatge. L’aigua com a aliada en la construcció del Paisatge" | COL·LEGI D'ARQUITECTES DE CATALUNYA
We are writing with regard to the next celebration of the I International Congress ‘Transversal Tourism and Landscape’ which will be held in Torremolinos, Malaga (Spain) during the dates of 8th-10th February, 2018. The subject of this event is an interdisciplinary meeting of debate about the subject of the Landscape in the configuration, development and rehabilitation of the touristic space.
The Congress is addressed both to academics as well as professionals, attempting to become an international forum and a meeting point of tourism researchers.
We are honoured to confirm the attendance of the following international speakers:
· DEAN MACCANELL, Professor and Chair Emeritus of Environmental Design and Landscape Architecture at the University of California at Davis, and author of the distinguished book 'The Tourist: A New Theory of the Leisure Class’.
· JONAS LARSEN, Professor in Mobility and Urban studies at Roskilde University, and co-author of the book 'The Tourist Gaze 3.0’with John Urry.
· MARIA GOULA, Theorist and urban landscape, Associate profresor at Cornell University in the Department of Landscape Architecture, EE.UU and theorist of the innovative concept 'The Second Coast’.
· PETER LATZ, Landscape Architect & Urban Planner, his most significant and best-known work, the landscape park Duisburg Nord, has been widely awarded including the Grande Médaille d’Urbanisme (2001) and the first European Prize for Landscape Architecture Rosa Barba (2000).
· MANUEL GAUSA, from 2012 to 2015, Dean of the IAAC, Institut d´Arquitectura Avançada de Catalunya, since 2000 Principal Partner and Co-Director of Gausa+Raveau actarquitectura.
All the necessary information is available on the Congress website:
Sending extended abstracts: 15/09/2017